Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. - Hebrews 10:23-35 (NASB)
Based upon these verses we ask you, as a part of the Steadfast family, to consider taking the Each One Encourage One Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to grow in our appreciation for the body of Christ, our prayer for and encouragement of one another…”and all the more you see the day drawing near”. The challenge is as follows:
1. Pray that God would lay someone on your heart to encourage within the body at Steadfast.
2. Once God has given you one to encourage, take a few minutes to pray for the individual and ask God how He might want you to encourage that individual.
3. Commit to following through by encouraging that individual. Here are some practical ways to encourage another during this pandemic, this is in no way an exhaustive list…just some ideas:
- Write them a letter to let him / her know that you are thinking about them and praying for them
- Setup a video chat and ask them if there is anything that you can be praying for them specifically. If there’s something that they need, please either help meet that need or pass the need along to a Steadfast staff member.
- Give them a phone call and take a couple minutes to pray with them
- Text message them and share a verse that God has encouraged you with
If you are willing to commit to encouraging at least one person each week, please click HERE !